ADFIAP Awards Program started in 1997 when ADFIAP hosted the “Summit on Development Finance” in Manila. The Summit was a fitting occasion to honor members of the Association that have contributed significantly to the development of their respective countries. From then on, the Awards program has been a permanent ‘fixture’ in the Association.
The ADFIAP Awards, given annually, consists of both institutional and individual awards.
1. The Institutional Awards, i.e., the ADFIAP “Outstanding Development Project Awards” recognize and honor member-banks which have undertaken and/or assisted projects that have created a development impact in their respective countries. Awards are given to members, which in the judgment of the ADFIAP Awards Board, have implemented or enhanced outstanding and innovative development projects during the immediate past year. There are nine (9) categories all in all. These are: human resource development, environmental development, SME development, infrastructure development, technology development, trade development, local economic development, development finance – led poverty reduction, and corporate governance.
2. The Individual Awards consist of two awards, namely, the “Outstanding CEO Award” and the “Distinguished Person Award”. The “Outstanding CEO Award” is given to a practicing chief executive officer whose singular talent, leadership, vision and achievement, in the judgment of the Awards Board, stands out among the other nominees for the award. Without focusing on the size of the institution, the judges will be assessing the stature of the individual, the positive effect that the person’s leadership has had on his or her institution, and the impact this leader’s decisions have had on the development banking profession, in particular, and on the development of the country, in general.
On the other hand, the “Distinguished Person Award” is a lifetime achievement award given to a person who has, in his or her chosen career, excelled and made a mark in the country or internationally for his or her outstanding accomplishment(s) in the field of development, in general, and in the development banking profession, in particular.
- ADFIAP DEVELOPMENT AWARD 2017 - "Promoting Microfinance in Bayan-Ulgii" receives the award 2017-03-21
- ADFIAP 2017 Outstanding Development Project Search is now open. 2017-01-31
- HOLIDAYS GREETING TO ALL 2016-12-28
- Microfinance Centre Annual Conference dates released 2016-12-12
- MICROFINANCE DEVELOPMENT FUND HAS JOINED THE NATIONAL PROGRAM FOR FINANCIAL LITERACY 2016-2021 2016-11-02